Let's Plays Are Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Karbengo plays in his bathtub with small boats - New LP channel.

2 posters

Go down

Karbengo plays in his bathtub with small boats - New LP channel. Empty Karbengo plays in his bathtub with small boats - New LP channel.

Post by karbengo Thu May 31, 2012 9:10 am

Hail Netizen! Who are you?

Hi everyone, my name is karbengo, I am 25 years old and I live in Brussels, Belgium.

Oh yeah? And what brings you here?

It's been years since I introduced myself to YouTube,and then to LP videos. For a long time, I've been following LPers like HCBailly, NintendoCapriSun and chuggaaconroy. I enjoy their work a lot, so much so that I decided to start my own LP channel.

Really? So what this channel about?

For now it houses only one LP, currently in progress. For my first project I have decided to make a series of commentated videos about what recently became my favorite Playstation 2 game. It's a game developed by Micro Cabin and published by KOEI in 2006. I present you:

Warship Gunner 2

Karbengo plays in his bathtub with small boats - New LP channel. 459721-warship_gunner_2_front_large

...Wut? Never heard of it.

Right, it's an obscure game in North America and Japan. In fact, it never even released in PAL teritories. Razz
However, I believe it's an awesome game, very underrated. It's the sequel to the game "Naval Ops: Warship gunner" wich was released worldwild in 2003 almost unnoticed. My love for the game started there.

And what decided you to choose this game, and not a Mario or a Zelda?

Well then, I discovered the first game in 2004 in a bargain bin, the blazing battleship on the cover caught my eye. I am kind of a WWII geek; I like tank, planes, ships, you catch my drift... Soon I was hooked to this "Fantasy-Naval-Simulation" that offers you no less than to conceive your own ships entirely, from the keel to the guns, and with the help of more than 800 different parts to choose from! Shocked
Those who enjoy Armored Core [<3] games should understand what I mean. I must have finished this game a dozen times for a total of more than 300 hours of gameplay. drunken
Later, I heard of the existance of a sequel, but I was heartbroken when I learned it never released in Europe. Sad
I had abandoned the idea of playing WG2, until a year ago, when I aquired my brand new computer with enough muscle to run a Playstation2 emulator. I got myself an import copy, and started playing, using pcsx2.
This game beat it's predescessor on all grounds. Better graphics, better gameplay, a new narrated scenario and double the amounts of building parts! I was in heaven!
I can't help but recommand this superb game to everyone, granted you're a battleship nut. Laughing

...And that's all?

I didn't want to create an Nth Mario or Zelda or Pokemon LP. Those ar fine games but everyone has already reviewed them, it's a little too crowed I might say. But since my game is so obscure, nobody has LPed it yet. My LP will be the first! king

Some other things to know?

The game is split into "Missions"; there are more than 70 of those, not counting extra modes. In each episode I will feature one mission, complete from briefing to battle results, ponctuated with design stage footages. I am doing live commentary for the most part, providing infos on the current action, insightfull trivia on naval warfare and a pinch of referencing and humor. lol!
I will play the main campaign in its entirety a first time, then I'll play again in "new game+" mode or "playthrough2" as it's called. This mode provide added difficulty, an extended ending and new collectible parts unavailable so far.

On a technical note, I play the game on my PC via a PS2 emulator.

-PC: CPU intel core i7 2600k, GPU nVidia GTX580, 8Go ram, SSD 120Go, HDD 2To.
-Emulator: pcsx2 9.8
-Video Capture: Fraps
-Comment Recording: Audacity
-Montage: Sony Vegas 11
-Others: Photoshop CS3 (additionnal graphics), Virtualdub (encoding), VLC (viewer)

I record my video in 1080p but compress them into 720p in order to reduce the file size. Otherwise uploading would take me too much time.

Allright, you manage to convince me. How can I reach your channel?

here is the link to my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/karbengo?feature=mhee

Since I am only starting in the LP domaine, I am open to all critiscisim, technical and/or artistical. I should mention despite hailing from Belgium, and french being my first language, I decided to make my LP in english to appeal to a larger public. However, don't expect to hear me speak like a native outright. I am doing that to exercise my english aswell, so please excuse my clumsiness. You have been warned! Razz

Here's a sample of my work:

Finaly, I wish you a pleasant viewing! Enjoy the show! Very Happy
karbengo
karbengo
NOOB
NOOB

Male Posts : 5

Back to top Go down

Karbengo plays in his bathtub with small boats - New LP channel. Empty Re: Karbengo plays in his bathtub with small boats - New LP channel.

Post by MarioMaster1337 Thu May 31, 2012 10:16 am

Oh wow, I love your French accent, good work, I forsee you becoming a good LPer.
MarioMaster1337
MarioMaster1337
Junior
Junior

Male Posts : 157

http://www.letsplaysareus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Karbengo plays in his bathtub with small boats - New LP channel. Empty Re: Karbengo plays in his bathtub with small boats - New LP channel.

Post by karbengo Thu May 31, 2012 10:52 am

MarioMaster1337 wrote:Oh wow, I love your French accent, good work, I forsee you becoming a good LPer.

Well, thank you very much! I was afraid nobody would understand my broken english. Razz
I am working hard to emprove my locution Laughing .

Edit: Oh, and by the way, thank your for subscribing! cheers
karbengo
karbengo
NOOB
NOOB

Male Posts : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by MarioMaster1337 Thu May 31, 2012 11:04 am

No problem, thanks for subscribing back. ;D
By the way I moved this topic to the "User Let's Plays" forum, the "Let's Plays" forum is for talking about Let's Plays in general.
MarioMaster1337
MarioMaster1337
Junior
Junior

Male Posts : 157

http://www.letsplaysareus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down