Let's Plays Are Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Abortion

+2
shotguhn
MarioMaster1337
6 posters

Go down

Abortion Empty Abortion

Post by MarioMaster1337 Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:08 am

Abortion seems to be a very common topic of debate these days. Should women be able to abort their unborn babies? Or should it be made illegal? Discuss.
MarioMaster1337
MarioMaster1337
Junior
Junior

Male Posts : 157

http://www.letsplaysareus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Abortion Empty Re: Abortion

Post by shotguhn Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:41 am

I believe it should be made illegal, but there are common ways around the law so, I can't really take a stand here.
shotguhn
shotguhn
Junior
Junior

Male Posts : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:11 am

Why should it be illegal? The whole thing is a moral decision. Like cigarettes. Some people smoke. Is smoking good? No. But it's the decision of the smoker. Granted the world might be better off if smoking were illegal so the example is kinda faulty but the concepts there. If it does not bother you to kill the embryo go on ahead, what should stop you? Don't come crying when Einstein II takes a bit too long to be born because he keep getting aborted by accident.

Back to top Go down

Post by shotguhn Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:59 am

Secondary thought on your statement, do we really WANT another Einstein?? Reason being, he created the formula that created the nuclear bomb, (and everything wireless so, I counter act this but still) Einstein 2 could make something worse.
shotguhn
shotguhn
Junior
Junior

Male Posts : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by SNESkelly Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:27 pm

Answer to original question:
Abortion is quite frankly a right for a female, it's a monstrosity to deny it. Girls should be allowed to enjoy sex and have a safety net for when things don't go according to plan (and they truly don't always go according to plan).
Belief of the contrary is such an idiotic and outdated view that in England no political party would ever back it because it's too conservative - something which American politicians don't seem worried about (but let's leave the rant about the embarrassment that is American politics out of this).
The fact is that an embryo has no sort of conciousness, and you lose your right to abort when the child reaches a near-human stage anyway. If you have qualms about destroying an embryo, then you've got to feel bad about the countless amount of insects you've accidentally killed. The fact is that the unborn child is not yet human, and not yet alive.
In addition to current abortion laws, however, there should be leeway for the father to protect the life of his baby. I have no idea how that law would be draughted, and to be honest it will probably never happen. But it's a thought.

In regards to Einstein, of course we want another. Leaps and bounds in physics? Yes please. But leave that for another thread.
SNESkelly
SNESkelly
Junior
Junior

Male Posts : 118
Location : The United Kingdom/Great Britain/The British Isles/England

https://www.youtube.com/user/SNESkelly

Back to top Go down

Post by Boo The Ghostie Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:31 pm

I absolutely agree with SNESkelly. I believe abortion should definitely be legal and that it's a little closed minded to think other-wise. Woman should have the right to decide whether to get an abortion or not. I mean, they're the ones who will be giving birth to the child- they should be able to choose.

There is a law waiting to be either shot down or passed here in Ohio that would basically make abortion illegal and to be honest, I was pretty upset when I read about it. I don't think it's right for lawmakers to decide whether a woman can choose between having a child and getting an abortion. It just doesn't seem fair to me.
Boo The Ghostie
Boo The Ghostie
Beginner
Beginner

Female Posts : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by SNESkelly Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:55 pm

On the other hand, I wouldn't say it was 100% woman decision - half of that baby is the man's, and he should have some say in the matter.

But yeah, I can't think of 3 modern arguments that would go against abortion - and no, religious reasons do not qualify, get out.
SNESkelly
SNESkelly
Junior
Junior

Back to top Go down

Post by ThatKrypton Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:20 pm

Yes, for reasons of personal choice and liberties, and also because if it's made illegal, it will be practiced illegally and dangerously in the back-alley traditions of yore.
ThatKrypton
ThatKrypton
Beginner
Beginner

Male Posts : 29

https://www.youtube.com/user/thatkrypton

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:19 pm

ThatKrypton wrote:if it's made illegal, it will be practiced illegally and dangerously in the back-alley traditions of yore.

That's so true.

Also, I don't see what makes abortion so "wrong". Particularly if the choice is made before the foetus developed any form of cognition.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soroside Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:52 pm

I believe it should stay legal. Because, what if she was violated? Should she keep a child of that evil man? Not to mention that she is the one who has to suffer through it all, and if a women wants to have an abortion I don't see why anyone else s opinion on it should matter at all.
Soroside
Soroside
NOOB
NOOB

Male Posts : 6

https://www.youtube.com/user/Sorosidelps

Back to top Go down

Post by SNESkelly Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:11 pm

Soroside wrote:I believe it should stay legal. Because, what if she was violated? Should she keep a child of that evil man? Not to mention that she is the one who has to suffer through it all, and if a women wants to have an abortion I don't see why anyone else s opinion on it should matter at all.
Agreed. This was a problem in Germany after the war (and in nearly every war ever), when Russian soldiers were told to go out and spread their seed, so that a Russian identity was artificially implanted into Germany. Not cool.
SNESkelly
SNESkelly
Junior
Junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down