Let's Plays Are Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Live Commentary vs. Post-Commentary [Let's Plays]

+3
SNESkelly
shotguhn
MarioMaster1337
7 posters

Go down

Live Commentary vs. Post-Commentary [Let's Plays] Empty Live Commentary vs. Post-Commentary [Let's Plays]

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:07 pm

What do you PERSONALLY prefer. Obviously each as their pros and cons. To go further, if you enjoy both, in what SCENARIO do you enjoy one over the other? When does each kind of commentary work best in your opinion? And what do you think makes good "Post" or "Live" commentary in your opinion?

I wanted a broad topic anyone could answer to so that's why I asked so many different questions. Razz

EDIT: I just realized this goes in the Let's Plays and LPers board more than anything so if one of ya could move it for me... yea.

Back to top Go down

Live Commentary vs. Post-Commentary [Let's Plays] Empty Re: Live Commentary vs. Post-Commentary [Let's Plays]

Post by MarioMaster1337 Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:53 am

Moved it. Personally, I prefer live commentary, you get better reactions if something awesome happens while doing it.
MarioMaster1337
MarioMaster1337
Junior
Junior

Male Posts : 157

http://www.letsplaysareus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Live Commentary vs. Post-Commentary [Let's Plays] Empty Re: Live Commentary vs. Post-Commentary [Let's Plays]

Post by shotguhn Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:52 pm

It depends on the scenario, if it is a third person game (Such as Hitman: Blood Money, Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, etc.) I prefer post, because you can show how not to play as well, plus add some really funny sound effects and jokes.
shotguhn
shotguhn
Junior
Junior

Male Posts : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:49 pm

Yea. Also I find that Post-Commentary can be okay if you are a really good actor as well. I don't know if there are any examples of this type of scripted Let's Play, but if you can make a really thought out spontaneous SOUNDING Post-Commentary and pull it off it can probably bring the quality of the Let's Play up a bit higher (since Live Commentary has the limitation of needing to be thought up on the spot and thus it can be a little less than perfect).

Overall though my personal preference is live commentary, particular when I myself Let's Play.

Back to top Go down

Post by SNESkelly Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:27 pm

Mmmm I sort of feel that live-commentary is important because it feels more like you're there, and that the LPer is playing the game with you if it's live. Of course, the LPer has more space in their brain for jokes if it's post, but hey.
SNESkelly
SNESkelly
Junior
Junior

Male Posts : 118
Location : The United Kingdom/Great Britain/The British Isles/England

https://www.youtube.com/user/SNESkelly

Back to top Go down

Post by PseudoKlassic Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:20 pm

Live commentary means that the LP'er has to focus on both the game and what he or she is saying. As a result, their concentration is not entirely on the game and will cause more fails that usual, which is amusing for the viewers. Thus, I prefer to watch and record live.

PseudoKlassic
Beginner
Beginner

Male Posts : 30

https://www.youtube.com/user/PseudoKlassic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:50 pm

PseudoKlassic wrote:Live commentary means that the LP'er has to focus on both the game and what he or she is saying. As a result, their concentration is not entirely on the game and will cause more fails that usual, which is amusing for the viewers. Thus, I prefer to watch and record live.

But not everyone enjoys lots of failure so to some that is what would turn them off of Live commentary. But of course it is more fun to watch one fail when they are addressing the fail in a realtime manner as opposed to "Well I failed. I suck at videogames in general" (well sadly that is how I address my own fails in live commentary most of the time too... but you get what I mean Razz)

Back to top Go down

Post by ThatKrypton Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:20 pm

Live, it makes me feel better and more immersed as a viewer.
ThatKrypton
ThatKrypton
Beginner
Beginner

Male Posts : 29

https://www.youtube.com/user/thatkrypton

Back to top Go down

Post by TheVarietyGamer Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:55 am

I have done both, and my viewers rather have live commentary, although I have squeezed through some post commentary videos that they never knew the difference on, but thats because I had time constraints.

TheVarietyGamer
NOOB
NOOB

Male Posts : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by conogh Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:48 am

I don't really like post, because I don't really feel it to be genuine.

conogh
NOOB
NOOB

Male Posts : 6

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIXIDedclAje85ZNLiWwA8w

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum