Let's Plays Are Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New LP'er

2 posters

Go down

New LP'er Empty New LP'er

Post by Shadowclaw777 Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:02 am

I'm new to making Let's Play videos. I've seen a lot of them, though. I started a Pokemon Diamond LP series on my ouTube channel (Shadowclaw771) and I'm going to do a Pokemon Firered LP series too. Once I get a new camcorder, I'm also going to do a Star Wars Battlefront 2 LP series. I have 6 episodes up for the Pokemon Diamond series. 3 have no audio, because my computer's mic was being stupid, and the others have audio, but it's not that good, because my mic is still being uncooperative. I'm trying to loosen up for the commentary, but I just get SO nervous. I'm normally really loose, and laughing a lot, and making jokes, but in the commentary I get so nervous and quiet and I'm not that willing to crack jokes because I'm worried that doing so will get me dislikes. It would mean the world to me if some of you who might be reading this check out my channel, and it might help me loosen up if I got some tips from some people who've been doing this longer! Thanks! Very Happy

Shadowclaw777
NOOB
NOOB

Male Posts : 2

Back to top Go down

New LP'er Empty Re: New LP'er

Post by ScrodoBaggins Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:59 pm

Hey Shadow,

I checked out your recent Amnesia upload and you actually seem to be a pretty solid LPer. The quality of your mic does detract from the experience a fair bit (maybe turn the game volume down a little so we can hear you better), but I know mine is pretty much the same (gotta love being poor).

I definitely have not been doing this longer, but I have been following LP vids on youtube pretty much since they started so I hope my advice is still valid:

I wouldn't worry about people disliking you. Haters gonna hate. But as a general rule, don't try to be funny - just enjoy yourself.

I know that some of the best LPer's are up there because they seem sincere. You can hear the fun (or frustration) they're having and it seems genuine because it is.

An alternative, would be record over the capture afterwards, which gives you time to script and consider one-liners. But that can turn out pretty stale unless you're confident at acting.

Another tactic is to use annotations or text within the video to add to the humour. Criken1 does it really well, best I've seen tbh.

Hope that helps somewhat, and look forward to seeing more stuff from you!

ScrodoBaggins
Beginner
Beginner

Male Posts : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowclaw777 Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:37 pm

Thanks Scrodo! And I saw your post on my video; thanks for the advice! ^-^
At first I actually was trying to be funny, but after a while I saw that wasn't that funny, I recently just decided 'Well, f that. Just gonna be myself, not even try to be funny.' I'm hoping that'll improve the humor quality portion of the videos! ^-^
Also, my friend has some Turtle Beach headsets that he said I could use, so the audio quality will be better, too! Me and my friends, so far, are working out most the kinks on my YouTube account. Wink

Shadowclaw777
NOOB
NOOB

Male Posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down