Let's Plays Are Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forum

4 posters

Go down

The forum Empty The forum

Post by SNESkelly Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:54 pm

Pretty low activity at the moment; I think since the main site came down it will probably have lower traffic in the future.
Is this the end of let's plays are us?!
SNESkelly
SNESkelly
Junior
Junior

Male Posts : 118
Location : The United Kingdom/Great Britain/The British Isles/England

https://www.youtube.com/user/SNESkelly

Back to top Go down

The forum Empty Re: The forum

Post by Guest Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:56 pm

We have to make changes. Firstly, everything still revolves around main site even though it's been down for ages.

I still think there should be a board specifically for making your Let's Player profile much like the main site. I also think we should put the LPAU twitter to good use. I think we should forget about the main site and make this forum the full representation of LPAU.

The problem is we haven't made a movement to take the forum further then just the shadow of the no-longer-existent main site.

This site is very well kept, but that alone will not keep it alive. It needs to maintain it's current quality while evolving to make it the true face of an LP community.

Back to top Go down

Post by MarioMaster1337 Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:21 pm

There is really no pathway to the forum now that the main site is gone, we may need to do some advertising, such as posting links to the forum on our channels, or trying to get some popular Let's Players to join the forum.
MarioMaster1337
MarioMaster1337
Junior
Junior

Male Posts : 157

http://www.letsplaysareus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:32 pm

MarioMaster1337 wrote:such as posting links to the forum on our channels, or trying to get some popular Let's Players to join the forum.

Agreed. I'm surprised to find myself being one of few members who has a link to the forum on his channel.

Back to top Go down

Post by SNESkelly Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:54 pm

MrSethGodSOURCE wrote:Agreed. I'm surprised to find myself being one of few members who has a link to the forum on his channel.

Well, I used to have one to the old main site, but then took it down after it disappeared.
Also, how would we advertise LPAU? By spamming links? No, that's not a good idea. But how else?
SNESkelly
SNESkelly
Junior
Junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:50 pm

At one point Shotguhn said he was planning an LPAU stream or something. That would be a good idea. It's easy for everyone involved in the stream to just quickly post a video on their channel telling people they'll be streaming at such and such a time, and it's not an annoying method to advertise. It's actually fun.

It would also help for everyone with semi-popular channels to post a link to the forums on their channel. Razz Like all I wrote was "Forum I am somewhat active on:" in my About Me.

Back to top Go down

Post by shotguhn Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:20 pm

I forgot I was planning those. In all seriousness though, it wouldn't help to use the Twitter and Facebook pages, or the YouTube channel, or the podcast channel, or a live stream. I've basically been posting stuff for the last week to get the forum more active. This issue has been a discussion between me and Seth for a while, and between me and theplatformking. However, I am bad at scheduling so streams would be like an hour advance notice or last minute.
shotguhn
shotguhn
Junior
Junior

Male Posts : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by MarioMaster1337 Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:27 pm

I do not have control over the YouTube account or the Twitter account, and the podcast account will be only about our podcasts. Also moved to Suggestions forum because it fits better there.
MarioMaster1337
MarioMaster1337
Junior
Junior

Male Posts : 157

http://www.letsplaysareus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SNESkelly Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:04 pm

MarioMaster1337 wrote:I do not have control over the YouTube account or the Twitter account, and the podcast account will be only about our podcasts. Also moved to Suggestions forum because it fits better there.

Could you contact the original owner and get him to give you the account? That would be super awesome.
Also, if we all make a start by pledging
a) to mention it in videos, and
b) to put an obvious link in our about mes (with the phrase "lets plays are us" in)
that will inform anyone who visits our channels.
SNESkelly
SNESkelly
Junior
Junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:22 pm

SNESkelly wrote:Could you contact the original owner and get him to give you the account?

That would be really great. I for one would likely not record any main Let's Play projects exclusively for the LPAU channel but I would definitely partake in promotional projects, guest commentaries and would be glad to edit or be of service to the channel.

-------------------------------------------

Also, PLEASE get on making a board or something for us to make a topic for each of our Let's Plays or a Topic in general to put all our Let's Plays like some kind of LP database.

This is basically a convo I had yesterday (went something similar to this anyways):

Code:
Guy: Actually at one point I found this cool Let's Play database. I don't think it exists anymore though, not sure.
Friend: Um.. Let's Plays Are Us?
Guy: Yea that might have been it. What happened to it?
Me: Well the main site was taken down permanently... there's still a forum, but the database isn't there anymore.
Guy: That sucks.

We are trying to advertise this as a Let's Play community but the forums alone, asides from having a Let's Play DISCUSSION, does not pertain much to LPs at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by TatteredTime Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:35 pm

I think the forum is on it's way to a slow death, let's be honest. Without a main site a forum is not really anything...A forum is a community project for a main site with many viewers, but without said site the Forum has lost it's food source.
TatteredTime
TatteredTime
Junior
Junior

Male Posts : 165

https://www.youtube.com/SelectYourGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:17 am

TatteredTime wrote:I think the forum is on it's way to a slow death, let's be honest. Without a main site a forum is not really anything...A forum is a community project for a main site with many viewers, but without said site the Forum has lost it's food source.

I like the forums. And a forum is nothing more then a community. It doesn't have to be attached to me mains site. But the forum needs to take it's independance and build up to be in itself a main site. I mean, the forum's HTML title is "The forum". "The" in itself implies that it is "The forum [of LPAU]". We need to go from "The LPAU forum" to "LPAU". (Don't go fretting about the HTML header title, I was being metaphorical)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum